This weeks #SundaySupper is all about regional specialties. I just love salmon. It’s one of my favorite fish because it’s so versatile. There are many great flavors, herbs and spices to pair it with.
This recipe is inspired by the classic salmon and chips you can get at Pike’s Place Market. It’s simple and delicious.
Granted this recipe won’t win any healthiest dish awards anytime soon. But, at least you’re getting your omega 3’s when you feast on these delectable fried morsels! I suggest making these as an appetizer. They’ll disappear fast and that’s OK, because your guests will be talking about these tender morsels for days. Yet, their waistlines will thank you that the yummy bites were small.
There are three keys to making this recipe:
1) Always start with the freshest salmon you can find. I prefer wild sockeye salmon for it’s deep color and rich flavor. Ask the butcher for a lower tail portion. There are less bones. Remove the skin with a sharp fillet knife. Gently hold the skin as you press down and move the knife between the flesh and the skin away from you. Cut the salmon into bite sized pieces (about 1 – 1 1/2 inches) and remove any bones you see.
2) Fry in batches. Hold finished batches in the oven at 200 F on a baking tray until you’re finished frying all the tender morsels.
3) Serve with homemade tartar sauce. There’s nothing like homemade! Make the tartar sauce up to a day ahead in advance. Store in the refrigerator.
Save this recipe!
Here are some suggestions on how to save this recipe for later. Choose the one that works best for you!
1) Click on the “save recipe” box on the recipe card below.
2) Pin it!
3) Choose your favorite social media channel above under “sharing is caring.” Share on Facebook, Yum it, Tweet it, or even email it to yourself for later.
Essentials for this recipe:
Be sure to check out all the other regional specialties shared by my foodie friends at #SundaySupper. There’s so many yummy recipes here! Join the #SundaySupper movement.
And a special shout out and thank you to Sue Lau from Palatable Pastime for hosting this #SundaySupper event.
- Crispy Salmon Bites with Homemade Tartar Sauce by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Loaded Tex-Mex Chile con Queso by The Weekend Gourmet
- New England Style Stuffed Clams by Caroline’s Cooking
- Brandy Old Fashioned by Curious Cuisiniere
- Wine Pairing Recommendations For #SundaySupper Regional Specialties by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Pittsburgh Steak and Fries Salad by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Ranch Dressing by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Tupelo Honey Key Lime Vinaigrette by Family Around the Table
- Alabama White Barbecue Sauce by Cookin’ Mimi
- Delaware Crabs by Delaware Girl Eats
- JoJo Potatoes by A Mind Full Mom
- Long Beans with Coconut by Food Lust People Love
- Old Bay Cauli-Tots by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Southern Collard Greens by Magnolia Days
- Amish Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Boiled Lobster with Drawn Butter by Taste And See
- Bison Steaks with Cranberry Chimichurri by Tramplingrose
- California Beer Steamed Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- California Roll Poke Salad by Brunch-n-Bites
- Cali Inspired Fish Tacos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cheesy Tex Mex Enchiladas by The TipToe Fairy
- Cola Marinated Steak Tips by Hardly a Goddess
- Corn and Bacon Chowder by Moore or Less Cooking
- Crab-Stuffed Artichokes with Spicy Aioli by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Deep Fried Pizza Roll by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Halal Cart-Style Chicken and Rice with White Sauce by The Texan New Yorker
- Hatch Chili Pepper Jack Burger by Fearless Dining
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Homemade Quebec Maple Baked Beans by She Loves Biscotti
- How to Make Vegetable Lumpia by Asian In America
- Italian Hot Dog by Simple and Savory
- Michigan Pasties by The Chef Next Door
- Mom’s City Chicken by My Life Cookbook
- North Carolina BBQ with Cole Slaw and Hush Puppies by The Freshman Cook
- Philly Cheesesteak Calzones by Baking Sense
- Polish Boy Sandwich by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Shrimp Scampi by My World Simplified
- Spicy Salmon for Tacos by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Tex-Mex Slowcooker Chicken and Beef Fajitas by Meal Planning Magic
- Wet Burritos by Wholistic Woman
- Angel Food Cupcakes by Cooking With Carlee
- Austrian Mohnnudeln (Poppy Seed Noodles) by The Bread She Bakes
- Butter Tarts – A Canadian Tradition by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Carob Cherry Crumb Bars by Pies and Plots
- Florida Key Lime Cream Pie by The Crumby Cupcake
- Fried Biscuits by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Gooey Butter Cake from Saint Louie! by Our Good Life
- Homemade Butterscotch Krimpets by The Redhead Baker
- Peanut Pie by Feeding Big and more
- San Jose Burnt Almond Cake by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Shoofly Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spanish Bar Cake by Get the Good Stuff!
- Sugar Cream Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Rhubarb Steamed Pudding and Favorite Regional Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.