Have you heard of Yummly? I’m in love with this mobile recipe app and meal planning tool. Yummly is easy to use and has a Pinterest-like feel as you begin to “Yum” recipes you like and save to your personalized recipe box.
What I really love about Yummly goes WAY beyond this ability to easily save and access recipes.
- I love that I can tailor my taste preferences, so it suggests recipes just right for me. The more I “Yum,” the more it learns what I like.
- EVEN BETTER, I can create a shopping list right in the app and add the ingredients from recipes I’ve “yummed” into my shopping list. It even sorts the items in the shopping list into categories for easy shopping throughout the grocery store. Now that’s useful!
How do you yum?
It’s easy. Sign up for an account at Yummly. Download the app on your mobile device and you’re off to the races.
Make sure to visit my profile on Yummly. Yum your favorite recipes from pineneedlesinmysalad into your Yummly recipe box. And keep an eye out for the orange yum button. When you see a recipe you like on this blog, you can “yum” it right into your Yummly recipe box. You will find the orange yum button in two places here.
- On each “recipe card” in the upper right-hand corner. And,
- Under “sharing is caring” at the top of each recipe blog post. Click on the green “more” tab and you’ll find the Yummly button as one of the many options for social sharing.
How I’m using Yummly
- Yummly helps me with meal planning. I can organize my recipes into categories meaningful to me. I can create a folder (or meal plan) for recipes I want for the week or for a dinner party.
- Yummly helps me create shopping lists. I can add anything I want to my list. And I love that I can add ingredients from recipes I’ve yummed right into my shopping list.
- Yummly keeps me connected to my favorite blogs. Let’s say you’re at the grocery store and wish you could remember the side dishes I suggested to go with a recipe. No problem! Access the recipe from your Yummly app. Click on the recipe and it will take you right to the blog post. Now you are able to read about important steps, preferred brand names or any other suggested side dishes on the fly.
Even as a home chef and food blogger, I still struggle with meal planning. But a tool like Yummly can certainly help make life allot easier. I encourage you to give it a try. Keep on sharing and yumming all those great recipes you find on Pineneedlesinmysalad!
Visit Yummly, for more information about “how it works.”